Sunday, December 31, 2006

My Confession

The media is making a big deal out of a letter Stephen Harper wrote back in 2001, while he was still president of the National Citizens Coalition.

That's the letter -- written to help raise funds for a court challenge the NCC was helping to finance -- where Harper described Chief Electoral Officer Jean Pierre Kingsley as a "jackass".

Paul Wells broke this story on his blog and it has been picked up by the Toronto Star and other outlets.

This, of course, is supposed to prove that Harper had some sort of grudge against Kingsley.

Well, here on this blog I would like to make a confession.

Harper did not write that letter -- I did.

Yes it was the very first ever fund raiser I ever wrote for the NCC.

And yes, it was a little over the top, but I think it's pretty effective.

There glad I got that off my chest. Besides why should Harper get all the credit for calling Kingsley a jackass when it was really me!

2 comments:

Kirk West said...

Happy New Year!

I wonder where the newspapers will place THAT little piece of news?

Gerry Nicholls said...

Well, it doesn't really matter. Harper did sign the letter so he has to take responsibility for it.