Sunday, December 17, 2006

It's Not a Wonderful Movie

Last night that Christmas classic It's a Wonderful Life was on TV.

I know this movie tops most "Top Ten Christmas Movies" lists, but not mine.

In fact, I don't like it at all.

First off, it's way too hokey and sentimental. Second of all, I hate the way the lead character, George Bailey, is always sacrificing his interests, his dreams and his happiness for the sake of others. (It's no wonder he is completely miserable.) And finally, be honest, wouldn't you rather live in Pottersville?

One Christmas special I do like is the politically incorrect and rarely seen Santa Vs. The Snowman.

Now that's holiday entertainment.

2 comments:

Kirk West said...

You forgot the ever gratifying "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" from 1964. Saw it first in 1992 while at UofT while I should have been cramming for finals. Anyway, since then, no Christmas is complete without it.

Please stop blogging on Sunday mornings, I'm trying to prove to my wife that I'm the only loser who reads/writes this stuff when I should be making waffles.

Gerry Nicholls said...

Kirk:
I have heard legends about Santa Claus vs the Martians, but I have never seen it.

My life is not complete!

And reading my blog is much more important than making waffles.