Friday, December 22, 2006

Gerry Nicholls and the blog of No Ideas

J.K. Rowling has announced the title of the latest Harry Potter book; it's called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

My first thought when I heard this was, "What's a hallow?" and my second thought was, what if Rowling wrote books on Canadian politics.

Here are some possible titles:

Stephen Harper and the Income Trust of Doom.

Jack Layton and the Party of Irrelevance

Gilles Duceppe and the Separatist's Millstone

Stephane Dion and the Prisoner of Kyoto

Not sure any of these would be bestsellers but I am sure they would all get government funding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry,

There's a small spelling mistake in the title of the new Harry Potter book.

It's "deathly hollows," not "deathy hollows."

You might want to change it at some point.

MJT

Gerry Nicholls said...

Thanks MJT. It's fixed. I hope I get a dictionary for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Gerry,

My pleasure. It was a tiny error that anyone could have missed...even one of the top five minds in Canada! : )

But seriously, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

MJT